Call tracking comes with many misconceptions as most people don’t fully grasp the powerful knowledge and data it generates. Below are the five most common call tracking myths, and how we’re debunking them!
Myth Number 1: My customers will notice different numbers and be suspicious. These days, callers use cell phones for the majority of calls they need to make. With this mind set, people are not as aware of the actual number they are dialing. They are also less likely to remember this number or write it down because with smart phones, searching for a number on the internet has become a more efficient way to make calls. In our extensive experience, few callers even notice the digits that appear on the phone when they make a call.
Myth Number 2: Call tracking just presents more risk for dropped calls. Call tracking routes a caller seamlessly to your business without them or your staff noticing any changes. As far as call quality goes, we pay our phone carrier a premium to maintain our 99.99% connection rate. Moreover, adding call tracking leads to less dropped calls. We typically are first to know when a client’s phone network or hardware malfunctions leading to less down time and faster repairs.
Myth Number 3: It just creates more work for me. Fortunately, this myth couldn’t be further from the truth! Summary-level reports are designed to show which marketing pieces are the most effective in the simplest way possible. We even go so far as to listen to your calls FOR you in order to bring to your attention only the most valuable calls! Call recording and agent activity reports drive action in themselves, by providing a feedback loop that effortlessly encourages agents to make the most of every single phone call.
Myth Number 4: It’s more efficient to get a unique number from my phone provider. It is true that a unique number can be provided by any phone service provider, and you could probably get a call count record from that company. Unfortunately, getting actionable data will likely prove to be difficult and expensive. Of the many features your phone company will either be unable to offer or will charge you for, here are just a few that we have available:
- FREE Text messaging to email
- Call tracking
- Calling reports
Myth Number 5: Call tracking is just another expense to add to my budget. On the contrary, call tracking is one of the most effective ways to SAVE your marketing dollars! It makes it painfully clear how IN-effective some of your marketing is. For example, a $15 tracking number might show what a waste your $5,000 direct mailer was. Even more powerful than preventing you from spending money on what doesn’t work, call tracking will point out what does. It will help you allocate your budget to spend more money on pieces that get you a higher return on investment (ROI). We always say that a good rule of thumb is to spend 3% of your marketing budget on call tracking to make sure that the other 97% is working. Call tracking pays for itself pretty quickly by helping you capture more leads on the same budget.
Now that you know the truth and the many advantages of call tracking, start benefiting from the data and reports today! Call Complete Media to find out more!